. Sedan and SUVs Cost Going North- Carspricesindia.com
Follow Us :
twitter facebook Car Prices India
     
   
 

Company Car News

Audi News (4)
Bentley News (2)
BMW News (10)
Car Price News (5)
Chevrolet News (6)
Fiat News (1)
Ford News (4)
Honda News (10)
Hyundai News (1)
Hyundai News (6)
Jaguar News (5)
Land Rover News (5)
Lexus News (1)
Mahindra News (5)
Maruti Suzuki News (10)
Mercedes-Benz News (6)
Nissan News (12)
Porsche News (1)
Renault News (6)
Skoda News (4)
Tata News (9)
Toyota News (6)
Volkswagen News (3)
Volvo News (1)

Other News

 
Car Price News (5)
 
 
 
 
Car Price

There is nothing like cost effective in this world anymore, sedan's were already not less expensive, but now be prepared to pay more. There is an additional burden on imported SUV's as the customs duty has been hiked from 60% to 75%. also excise duties on sedan's and the cars with engines above 1500cc, has also gone up 5% to 27% from the existing 22%. 

After an announcement, sedans are all set to be much more, almost around RS 11,000 to Rs 80,000 for the premium ones like the Honda Accord. Domestic SUV's like XUV500 will also see an increment of 35,000 on the top-end model, while an entry luxury car like Mercedes C Class will be dearer around Rs 1.5 lakh.

Not even sedan's but small vehicles and two wheelers will also not get away as the excise duty has been increased from 10% to 12%. As a result, the entire spectrum of car makers from mainline companies like Maruti, Tata Mahindra and others to the premium ones like BMW,Audi, and Mercedes have been hit and will pass on the hike to consumers. The price increment has come at a time when market is already tight and facing a slowdown due to the high inflation and interest rates. While small cars are likely to get dearer by between Rs 2,500 and Rs 8,000 and also two wheeler prices are likely to move up by between Rs 500 and Rs 2,000.

Companies are saying that “the increase in excise duty will hurt automobiles, especially when the industry is battling a slowdown.” while the 2% excise hike saw the overall duty on small cars like Maruti Alto, Hyundai i10, Ford Figo go up from 10% to 12%, it were the bigger sedans and SUV's that came in for a steeper tax treatment.

  Total Views :  
  Posted By : Admin  

Comments On This News

 
Name :
Email :
Website :
Comment :
Rate this post
 
Verify Code : *
 

Recent Post

The Exclusive motors launched the Bentley- Bentley Continental in India
Nissan planning to develop its first made-in-India car in Next 5-6 years
Jaguar XF Wins Best Executive Car of the Year
Jaguar Land Rover sales growth 30 Percent in 2012
New Lexus IS Pictures Revealed
Mercedes Benz 4 New Stunning Cars for 2013
Renault Cars Price Hikes from New Year
New Skoda Octavia Unveiled
Renault will Launch Duster 4x4 in March 2013
New Maruti A Star Vxi Active Unveiled 200

Auto Expo 2012

 
 
Renault Duster Audi A7 Bajaj RE60 BMW 6 Series
Bugatti Chevrolet Optra Magnum Chevrolet Spark LPG Fiat Grande Punto
Ford Classic Honda Brio Honda City Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Eon Hyundai Verna Mahindra Verito Mahindra XUV 500
Mahindra Xylo Maruti Swift Dzire Maruti Wagon R Mitsubishi Cedia
Mitsubishi Lancer Nissan Evalia Skoda Fabia Skoda Laura
Tata Nano Diesel Toyota Camry Toyota Etios Liva Volkswagen Beetle
About Us | Contact Us | Car Dealer Free Registration | Find in Sitemap| Car Loan | Insurance| Car Services | Buy Cars
CarsPricesIndia.com is a Registered Trademark, 2011 Copyright, All Right Reserved